Zach Boxx is the owner of Throttle Addiction and recently rebuilt his Sporty Chopper to showcase many of the cool parts they offer.
When I was a junior in high school I decided I needed to build a chopper. The problem was, I had no idea what I was doing, I didn't come from motorcycle blood lines and I had zero experience with no connections. My school had a program that would allow students to create their own independent study. First I had to pitch the idea to the principal. To my surprise he approved it, and I had one class period a day where I was free to use the schools auto shop to take a crack at my first build.
As summer approached, the bike was still not complete. Since I would lose my build space, I decided to approach a few local Indy shops. One shop was under new ownership and decided to take me in. I spent most of that summer under the direction of a few grumpy mechanics completing my bike. That was all 12 years ago.
- Owner: Zach Boxx
- Fabrication: Zach Boxx
- Motor: 89 883 Sportster
- Frame: Paughco 4” stretch 40 degree rake
- Front End: 12” Over Narrow Glide
- Gas Tank: Throttle Addiction Frisco Wassell
- Oil Tank: Paughco
- Fender: Throttle Addiction Wassell
- Wheel set up: 16” / 21” /Avon SM Tires
- Bars: Throttle Addiction Rabbits
- Exhaust: Custom Built – MCM exhaust tips
- Paint: Zombie Shaun – Ohio